Blueair, as part of Unilever, is a rapidly growing global brand with rocketlike potential. At Blueair we believe that the freedom to breathe clean air is a basic right, and we fight for that right around the world. We have built a team of thinkers, dreamers, and doers who are passionate about our impactful products. At Blueair, we strive to gain and support the next generation of innovators in the market. We are seeking to add to our entrepreneurial culture and team with a Global Brand Strategist.
The Global Brand Strategist will be a key player in shaping and executing our brand vision on a global scale. This role demands a strategic thinker with a proven track record in developing and implementing successful brand strategies. The ideal candidate is a collaborative leader with a sharp eye for market trends and an ability to navigate cross-functional dynamics.
This role is considered hybrid which requires 2 days per week in a local office (Chicago or NYC) and applicants must live in one of the following states: IL, WI, IN, NY, NJ.
Responsibilities and Functions:
- Develop and implement a comprehensive global brand strategy and value proposition to enhance brand positioning and recognition.
- Lead end-to-end global brand campaigns, overseeing planning, execution, and analysis. Utilize data-driven insights to optimize campaign effectiveness.
- Foster cross-functional collaboration by working closely with product development, sales, and marketing teams to maintain brand consistency across all customer touchpoints. Provide guidance to local leads for alignment with the overarching brand strategy.
- Effectively manage the Brand Marketing and Initiatives (BMI) budget, ensuring optimal resource allocation for maximum impact. Track and report on budget utilization and ROI for brand-related initiatives.
- Spearhead market expansion efforts by collaborating with the leadership team to evaluate and prioritize new market opportunities. Ensure the brand resonates with diverse audiences on a global scale.
- Proven experience in developing and implementing global brand strategies.
- Strong project management skills with the ability to lead end-to-end marketing campaigns.
- Exceptional data analysis capabilities to measure and adjust campaign effectiveness.
- Effective cross-functional collaboration and communication skills.
- Budget management expertise with a focus on maximizing ROI.
- Market expansion experience, evaluating and prioritizing new opportunities.
- Leadership qualities to guide local teams and ensure alignment with the overall brand strategy.
- Global mindset, understanding diverse audience preferences and cultural nuances.
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, Advertising or related field.
- 5-8 yrs. experience in global B2C marketing, with hands-on experience in developing integrated creative campaigns. Experience with media, social media, web content and video preferred.
- Project management experience, with a solid understanding of project management principles and techniques.
- Demonstrated ability executing strategy, project managing, and analyzing results and coordinating ongoing optimizations to campaigns and processes.
- Demonstrated success in developing creative and content strategies.
- Experience managing and driving results across agencies and internal teams.
Bonus if you also have:
- Any copywriting experience is a plus!
- Managing work streams and trafficking schedules.
- Experience building web content, landing pages and microsites.
About the Company:
We are looking to add to our entrepreneurial culture and team. Here, employees are challenged to perform at a high level while helping the company grow and are given the opportunity to excel and grow themselves. Blueair is constantly in pursuit of opportunities that strengthen our cause to support and enhance the education and betterment of air and water pollution for people around the world.
Our Take on Leadership:
Growth Mindset: This is competitive leadership. Taking the lead in the marketplace versus following. It's a positive attitude about the company's future — glass half-full —but it's realistic. It's passion for winning. Winning defined as gaining market share. It's placing a fresh emphasis on innovation — challenging the status quo.
Consumer and Customer Focus: This is purpose-driven leadership. It's externally focused — on consumers, on customers. First take care of consumers and customers; financial performance will follow. It's a heightened passion for the consumer: “I firmly believe in improving the lives of consumers.” It's bringing the voice of the consumer and the customer into everything we do. It's seeing our brands through their eyes.
Bias for action: This is action-driven leadership: "This is what I will do." It's speed and sense of urgency in making decisions. But it needs to be thoughtful action, intelligent risk-taking. Also, it's not wasting time on bureaucracy — it’s output that counts. And it’s simplifying my agenda, carefully choosing priorities — and not taking on too much.
Accountability and Responsibility: This is performance-driven leadership. "I will deliver against KPIs, holding myself to the highest standards.” I will also hold other people accountable — first by setting clear expectations and then by telling them if they are on the right path. It's staring reality in the eye — doing it with numbers. It's taking responsibility for Unilever's overall performance, not just by delivering my results but by helping other people deliver their results. Finally, it’s personally driving change and using operational discipline to deliver on the promise.
Building Talent and Teams: This is people-driven leadership. It's passion for people. It's having the best people in the right positions, whatever the person's gender or background. It's giving people plenty of room to do their part and recognizing them for their contributions. It's investing in people's development — giving them feedback and challenging work. It’s also constantly challenging myself to grow and improve. And it's building aligned, cohesive teams that pull together to win.
If you consider yourself a go-getter who loves to #win, and someone who loves to have fun, then we may have the job for you.
Blueair is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. You will be considered for this position based upon your experience and education, without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, ancestry; marital, disabled, or veteran status.