Blueair and Pureit, as part of Unilever Water and Air Wellness, are rapidly growing global brands with rocketlike potential. At Blueair we believe that the freedom to breathe clean air is a basic right, and we fight for that right around the world. Pureit is a world leader in sustainable water purification providing healthy and safe drinking water for millions of people worldwide. Together, we have built a team of thinkers, dreamers, and doers who are passionate about our impactful products. At Unilever Water and Air Wellness, we strive to gain and support the next generation of innovators in the market. We are seeking to add to our entrepreneurial culture and team with a Solutions Architect.
As the Solutions Architect, you will be responsible for supporting the strategy on the technical landscape required to support the Business in conjunction with the IT and Cross Functional Leadership. You will provide focus to shape and guide the development of Unilever Water and Air Wellness Global Architecture. Help drive development of future technology strategies across the business. Enable the visibility of an effective, consistent technology architecture through best practice use of principles, reference architectures and standards with efficient governance.
This will initially include solutioning and optimizing against our tech stack that will be provided for the business and working with peers and necessary vendors to unlock growth. The role will be responsible for on-going governance around the technology to ensure the Company keeps to the agreed technology providers and manage new requests/demand that will result from the Business. In addition, the role is responsible for identifying future technology options that may advance the Business and in conjunction with Tech Leadership and the Business developing a Roadmap over a period of 3 years.
Reporting to the Head of Global Technology, this role will be supporting the business to innovate and create business gains, reducing complexity, and increasing capabilities. All while keeping security, privacy, and controls top of mind. To be successful as a Solutions Architect at Blueair:
You are an innovator: bringing an outside in perspective on technology and promote a culture of innovation in the team, with a focus to drive business benefit.
You are a dot connector: taking knowingly and unknowingly complicated business problems and solving them with existing technology or innovation.
You are a change maker: Given the rapid pace of change in our portfolio, the SA needs to partner with team members to inspire change in the way we lead the business and to ensure we grow in an innovative, profitable, and sustainable way
You love to win, and have fun doing it: modeling success and fulfillment, achieving satisfaction by helping others develop and win.
This role is hybrid and requires applicants to live in the following states: IL, IN, WI, NY, NJ.
Responsibilities and Functions:
- Proactively and holistically guide the enterprise through collating and communicating transformation and optimization initiatives, enabled through strategies and a 3-year roadmap developed in conjunction with the business. The scope of the activities includes helping the organization grow revenue, optimize costs, and mitigate risks.
- Actively own and maintain an overall Enterprise Reference Architecture landscape of business capabilities, business process and both current and future applications, ideally using Enterprise Architecture tools.
- Identifies and evaluates alternative architectures and the trade-offs in cost, performance, and scalability. Supports monitoring of the external environment and assessment of emerging technologies to evaluate the potential impacts, threats, and opportunities to the organization.
- Simplify the landscape with repeatable and reusable solutions.
- Solution design considering all aspects of solutions – Application, technology, data, integration, infrastructure, and security.
- Drive the technical design discussion and review/approve the high-level functional solution design documents with team
- Lead the initiatives for Data Management strategies and best practices, ensuring proper data hygiene and synchronization.
- Provide the multiple solution options with potential workarounds and drive advisory on complex business requirements
- Drive the decision making on solution options with multiple stakeholder (including Senior Leadership)
- Understand organization's business processes, systems, tools, regulations, and structure and how they interrelate to provide products and services that create value for customers.
- Support the design process for application software as well as continuous improvement initiatives.
- Produce documents relating to application architecture, design steps, integration processes and testing procedures relating to each product developed.
What You’ll Need to Succeed:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or an IT-related field
- 5+ years of experience working as a Solution Architect and/or IT Project Management
- Minimum 2 years of experience with managing requirements for IT Solutions
- Familiarity with information management practices, system development life-cycle management, IT services management, agile and lean methodologies, infrastructure and operations, and EA and ITIL frameworks
- Preference in experience to NetSuite and SalesForce related applications (SalesCloud, ServiceCloud, MarketingCloud and/or CommerceCloud)
- Is familiar with aspects of Application Support & Maintenance and Service Delivery.
- Possesses up to date knowledge of significant areas of operational and/or development environments.
- Shows a thorough understanding of applicable project management and/or operational management standards and procedures including technical, quality, safety and financial matters across all areas of service delivery.
- Displays self-motivation to drive multiple solution options for stakeholders
- Can spot design related risk and high light in advance to drive business-driven IT solutions
- Demonstrates the ability to make, and take responsibility for, sound and far-reaching decisions on major complex requirements.
- Possesses excellent verbal and written communication skills to clearly communicate results and implications of analysis
- Enjoys working in a collaborative team environment
- Ability to multi-task and own the Technical Analysis on 3-5 projects at a time
About the Company:
We are looking to add to our entrepreneurial culture and team. Here, employees are challenged to perform at a high level while helping the company grow and are given the opportunity to excel and grow themselves. Unilever Water and Air Wellness is constantly in pursuit of opportunities that strengthen our cause to support and enhance the education and betterment of air and water pollution for people around the world.
Our Take on Leadership:
Growth Mindset: This is competitive leadership. Taking the lead in the marketplace versus following. It's a positive attitude about the company's future — glass half-full —but it's realistic. It's passion for winning. Winning defined as gaining market share. It's placing a fresh emphasis on innovation — challenging the status quo.
Consumer and Customer Focus: This is purpose-driven leadership. It's externally focused — on consumers, on customers. First take care of consumers and customers; financial performance will follow. It's a heightened passion for the consumer: “I firmly believe in improving the lives of consumers.” It's bringing the voice of the consumer and the customer into everything we do. It's seeing our brands through their eyes.
Bias for action: This is action-driven leadership: "This is what I will do." It's speed and sense of urgency in making decisions. But it needs to be thoughtful action, intelligent risk-taking. Also, it's not wasting time on bureaucracy — it’s output that counts. And it’s simplifying my agenda, carefully choosing priorities — and not taking on too much.
Accountability and Responsibility: This is performance-driven leadership. "I will deliver against KPIs, holding myself to the highest standards.” I will also hold other people accountable — first by setting clear expectations and then by telling them if they are on the right path. It's staring reality in the eye — doing it with numbers. It's taking responsibility for Unilever's overall performance, not just by delivering my results but by helping other people deliver their results. Finally, it’s personally driving change and using operational discipline to deliver on the promise.
Building Talent and Teams: This is people-driven leadership. It's passion for people. It's having the best people in the right positions, whatever the person's gender or background. It's giving people plenty of room to do their part and recognizing them for their contributions. It's investing in people's development — giving them feedback and challenging work. It’s also constantly challenging myself to grow and improve. And it's building aligned, cohesive teams that pull together to win.
If you consider yourself a go-getter who loves to #win, and someone who loves to have fun, then we may have the job for you.
Unilever Water and Air Wellness is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. You will be considered for this position based upon your experience and education, without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, ancestry; marital, disabled, or veteran status.